Netherlands Film Commission Privacy Statement
The Netherlands Film Commission (hereinafter “Commission”), a division of the Netherlands Film Fund, (hereinafter “Fund”) processes personal data in a database on its website www.filmcommission.nl. The main goal of the Commission database is to increase the findability of Dutch producers, companies and people for international producers, production companies, line producers, etc.
The natural persons whose personal data is processed by the Commission (hereinafter “data subjects”) must be able to rely on the Commission handling this data carefully. The Commission complies with national and European privacy legislation and regulations within the following legal framework:
- the General Data Protection Regulation (this regulation replaced the Personal Data Protection Act as from 25 May 2018);
- the General Data Protection Regulation (Implementation) Act.
In this privacy statement it sets out how it implements them.
The Commission handles personal data safely and respects the privacy of data subjects. It complies with the following underlying principles in this regard:
- Personal data is processed properly and carefully in accordance with the Regulation.
- The Commission ensures that personal data is only collected and processed for specified, explicitly defined and justified purposes and principles.
- The Commission only processes the minimum personal data necessary for the predetermined purpose. It aims for minimal data processing. Less or no personal data is processed where possible.
- Personal data is not retained any longer than necessary. The retention of personal data may be necessary to perform the tasks of the Commission properly or to comply with legal obligations.
- The Commission handles personal data carefully and treats it confidentially. Personal data is only processed for the purpose for which it has been collected. In so doing the Commission provides for suitable security of personal data.
- Where there is collaboration with external parties in which personal data is processed, the Commission makes agreements about the requirements with which data exchange must comply. The Commission reviews these agreements periodically.
- In achieving the purpose for which the personal data is processed the intrusion on the data subject’s private life is limited as far as possible.
- The intrusion on the data subject’s interests may not be disproportionate in relation to the purpose to be served by the processing.
- The Commission guarantees the rights of data subjects, such as the right of inspection and correction, through procedures that are clear to the data subjects.
What personal data do we process?
In principle the Commission shall only process personal data made available to us by the person concerned after registration and / or the implementation of a change (edit) in the specific profile of the person concerned. This concerns the following data provided to us:
- Name and surname, email address: please note that you have the opportunity to make your email address invisible to other visitors of the website.
- elephone number: please note that you have the opportunity to make your telephone number invisible to other visitors of the website.
Finally, to give you the best user experience and to keep you well informed, we would like to know how you use the website. To do this we use a Google Analytics cookie, a small file that is stored on your computer. Since your IP address and surfing behaviour remain entirely anonymous, the General Data Protection Regulation states that it may be placed on your computer without consent. If you prefer to block the Analytics script entirely, you can download an opt-out plugin for Google Analytics to do so.
Register of processing activities
The Fund keeps a register showing all the processes in which the Fund, and therefore also the Commission, works with personal data. The register contains a statement of the purpose for which the data is collected, what data is concerned, with whom it may be shared and how long it is retained. The register may be inspected at the Fund by appointment and within the relevant frameworks.
Inspection and correction
You can submit a written request for inspection and/or correction to the Commission (here). To prevent third parties from seeing data about you, you must enclose a copy of a valid identity document or, in the case of companies, a copy of a valid identity document of the organisation’s main contact (the social security number can be made invisible) with your application.
Oversight of the processing of personal data by the Fund
The Fund has appointed Adri van der Peet as Data Protection Officer (DPO). The DPO oversees the way in which the Fund handles your personal data. You can ask your questions about the processing of personal data using the email address FGFondsen@a3pconsultancy.nl or by telephone on number 0031(0)653268298.
The general privacy statement of the Fund can be found here: Link to Privacy Statement NFF.